Who We Are
Our Mission: We are here to welcome the newcomer to the United States. Our goal is to assist immigrants in obtaining legal status in this country, while uniting them with their families as quickly as possible. Our organization's desire is to deliver honest, competent services while preserving the dignity of immigrants.
UNO Immigration Ministry's Objectives:
UNO Immigration Ministry's Objectives:
- To give high quality services at a cost affordable to working people. We charge the fees necessary to defray our outreach and office expenses. Our offices are officially recognized by the Board of Immigration Appeals. This recognition signifies that our offices are equipped with the necessary books, manuals, computer programs, and access to required websites for carrying out our immigration assistance. Our low fees are well worth paying, considering the quality service that the client receives and the time and money saved by having the benefit of our services. Link to services
- To determine our clients' eligibility in an honest and competent manner. William Rosas is accredited by the Board of Immigration Appeals, meaning that Mr. Rosas has extensive knowledge and background in immigration matters and that he is certified to give legal advice. Link to accreditation
- To orient our clients in immigration law, regulations and procedures. Our personnel are trained and experienced in immigration laws and processes. We attend relevant trainings, conferences, workshops and seminars.
- To assist immigrants with their paperwork and processing so they can legalize and bring their families as well. Our program assists persons to traverse the maze of regulations and requirements on the way to becoming legal residents and citizens of this country. Our recognition and accreditation allows us to have direct access to officers of the Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS), formerly the INS. We can check on your case, trouble-shoot, and can accompany you to an appointment with the Immigration Service. We communicate with American Consulates as well. Link to fees and services
- To get immigrants and their families on the road to U.S.citizenship. We believe that for the immigrant to truly be a part of American society and to participate fully, the acquisition of citizenship is a must. Only then can the newcomer say that she/he has arrived in the broadest sense. UNO Immigration Ministry is dedicated to see its clients realize this full participation in our culture, economy, and government. Link to citizenship services and fees
- To inform immigrants that going it alone involves more time lost, more money lost, more headaches, and more heart aches. We have seen many persons attempt to go through the Immigration maze by themselves, only to waste years of waiting unnecessarily and to spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars doing papers over again. See warning about online filing of immigration forms. Link to warning.
- To keep the immigrant community away from incompetent and unlicensed, if not unscrupulous practitioners or notarios. We have witnessed the sad and almost tragic results. Not only do many immigrants lose thousands of dollars of their hard-earned money, but numerous individuals wind up not being able to achieve their life's dream, owing to avoidable mistakes made by those, so called experts, in whom they confided. At best, these immigrants waste years trying to go through the system by trail and error, when they could have saved time and money had they gotten adequate help. But at the worst, many are gotten into trouble with the law for filing frivolous or fraudulent applications, or for making other mistakes, and find themselves in deportation or permanently unable to legalize and live in peace in the United States. These travel agencies, immigration offices, and notarios are not licensed to practice immigration law; you should not go these people for advice or for help with your immigration papers.
- To do everything legally possible so that there will be a reform in immigration laws offering a road to legalization for long-time suffering, honest, hardworking undocumented immigrants in the United States. UNO Immigration Ministry has aligned itself with the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops in its quest for justice for immigrants. We believe that hour for a just legalization is at hand, that this legalization is right and proper, and that both the teachings of the Holy Scriptures and the sense of decency of all people demand that such a reform go forward.